‘Pay fee, get OK for illegal construction’
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- Maoist attack: gaps between official version, facts on ground
The residents of small flats in Rohini may soon be able to legalise unauthorised constructions after submitting a fee to the North Municipal Corporation.
The civic agency passed a motion in this regard on Friday.
It will be a "huge relief" for thousands of residents, who join two or more adjacent small flats to make a larger dwelling to accommodate a growing family, Mahendra Nagpal, Leader of the House in North corporation, said.
"It has come to our notice that some unscrupulous officials in collusion with police have been troubling residents who have joined their small flats or houses. To do way with the blackmail, we have asked the corporation to take a fee or fine from the owners," Leader of Opposition Nagpal said.
"There will be no threat of civic action against their houses once the fee is paid. The owners will be able to breathe easy," he said.