‘People want a positive change under Modi’
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The Assembly election results in four states are the proof that the people want a positive change under the leadership of Narendra Modi, said Gujarat BJP president R C Faldu on Sunday.
Faldu said that it was wrong to say that in states where the BJP had won the elections was not due to the charisma of Modi but due to people's desire for change. "The Congress had to go because it had hurt sentiment of common people; doing nothing except for making statements and ignoring ground realities," he said.
However, he didn't agree with the fact that the Aam Admi Party (AAP) had caused a dent in the BJP votes in Delhi. "Despite AAP winning many seats, the BJP has improved its vote share this time and won more seats than in the past," he said.
"APP is a recent outfit and it remains to be seen what course its leadership will take in coming time," he further said.
On BJP winning Surat West bypoll, Faldu said that votes in Surat had again put faith in the BJP for which he expressed gratitude to them.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express