‘Prajapati escaped death twice’
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The CBI chargesheet says that Prajapati escaped death twice, once when his friend Azam Khan's mother and wife were accompanying them in the train, and then for a second time in court.
On one of these trips, the Rajasthan policemen escorting him had reportedly told Prajapati that the Gujarat Police had plans to kill him in an encounter and that they (Rajasthan Police) had refused to comply. They had also asked him to protect himself.
Meanwhile, Prajapati sent messages through Sohrabuddin's brother Rubabuddin to his cousin Kundan and friend Vimal from Madhya Pradesh to accompany him in the train whenever he was to be produced before a court in Ahmedabad.
In November 2006, Prajapati and Khan were to be taken to Gujarat for production in court by train from Udaipur. Khan's wife and mother were present at the station and Kundan and Vimal had reached there as well.
However, a Rajasthan Police team intercepted them at Udaipur Station and took them to police station in the city where Dinesh MN met them. He told them he knew as to why they had come to Udaipur and allegedly beat them up severely before arresting them under Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substance Act. The following day, Prajapati and Khan were produced before Ahmedabad Sessions Court where they created a ruckus saying they feared they would be killed.
The ruckus, according to the CBI, put immediate plans to kill Prajapati on hold.