‘Probe cop who was in touch with Sandhya’
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The family of Sandhya Singh, who has been missing since December last year, Monday demanded that a police officer and others whose numbers had figured in her Call Data Records (CDR) be probed thoroughly. Sandhya is the sister of music composers Jatin-Lalit and actors Vijeta and Sulakshna Pandit, and is now feared dead.
"Sandhya was in regular touch with several people, which includes an assistant police inspector with the NRI Seawoods police station. If Raghuveer is being questioned repeatedly, why are these people being spared?" Sandhya's husband Jaiprakash Singh, a central excise commissioner posted in Indore, said.
The assistant inspector, Anil Behrani, was investigating the theft of jewellery from the Singh household. According to CDRs, Behrani stayed in touch with Sandhya long after the case was solved.
"Why would a policeman to speak to my wife late on December 12 night, that too for 40 minutes? Behrani also came to our house once, and asked Raghuveer intrusive questions about our marriage, something that he had no business doing," Singh added.
Police confirmed that CDR had indicated regular contact between Behrani and Sandhya. "We were aware of this and have already probed it. Our inquiry did not throw up any incriminating evidence against Behrani. If fresh evidence is found, we have no reason to spare him," said DCP Purushottam Karad, Zone I.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress