‘Psycho’ killer gets life term for journalist murder
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
A district court on Friday awarded rigorous life imprisonment to alleged psycho-killer Ram Niranjan alias Raja Kalandar and his brother-in-law Bachhraj for killing a Hindi daily journalist in 2000. The court had on Thursday found them guilty of murder and destruction of evidence. Pronouncing the quantum of punishment, Additional District Judge-II Mehtab Ahmed also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused. District Government Counsel Ranendra Pratap Singh said the prosecution had demanded death penalty for the convicts in view of the gravity of their crime. However, the court, in its considered opinion, did not find it a case that could fall under 'rarest of the rare category'," he said.