‘Race attack’ victim in UK ‘may lose eye’
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
A 23-year-old man in Britain is likely to lose an eye after being attacked by a gang in a suspected racial assault on New Year''s Day.
The man and a friend were targeted as they as they walked down Lewes Road in Brighton, East Sussex.
According to Sky news, a member of the public grabbed one of the attackers and flagged down a passing police car as the rest of the gang ran off.
Detective Inspector Miles Ockwell, of Sussex Police, said the victim is thought to have been subjected to a barrage of racist abuse leading up to the attack.
He said that the victim, who is admitted in the Royal Sussex County Hospital, may lose an eye as a result of the attack