‘Race attack’ victim in UK ‘may lose eye’
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
A 23-year-old man in Britain is likely to lose an eye after being attacked by a gang in a suspected racial assault on New Year''s Day.
The man and a friend were targeted as they as they walked down Lewes Road in Brighton, East Sussex.
According to Sky news, a member of the public grabbed one of the attackers and flagged down a passing police car as the rest of the gang ran off.
Detective Inspector Miles Ockwell, of Sussex Police, said the victim is thought to have been subjected to a barrage of racist abuse leading up to the attack.
He said that the victim, who is admitted in the Royal Sussex County Hospital, may lose an eye as a result of the attack