‘Race attack’ victim in UK ‘may lose eye’
- I expected to do very well but didn't expect to top it: UPSC topper
- Shiv Sena comes to BJP's rescue, says 'move to classify madrasas as non-schools not anti-religious'
- Across the Aisle: ‘Export or perish’. Have we chosen ‘perish’?
- Big Picture - ‘Why did they kill me, ammi?’
- Sunday Story: The Leader and his machine
A 23-year-old man in Britain is likely to lose an eye after being attacked by a gang in a suspected racial assault on New Year''s Day.
The man and a friend were targeted as they as they walked down Lewes Road in Brighton, East Sussex.
According to Sky news, a member of the public grabbed one of the attackers and flagged down a passing police car as the rest of the gang ran off.
Detective Inspector Miles Ockwell, of Sussex Police, said the victim is thought to have been subjected to a barrage of racist abuse leading up to the attack.
He said that the victim, who is admitted in the Royal Sussex County Hospital, may lose an eye as a result of the attack