‘Rape victim’ claims stripped at police station, molested by SO
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
An 18-year-old girl, who went to file a rape complaint against a local youth at a police station on Sunday, was allegedly asked to strip and then molested by the station officer (SO). The victim also alleged that the SO of Nibua Naurangia police station in Kushinagar district demanded Rs 50,000 to lodge an FIR in the rape case.
Meanwhile, the youth accused of the rape was assaulted by the victim's family and locals and has been admitted to the district hospital.
Gorakhpur Range DIG M D Karnadhar said that the allegations against SO Jasraj Yadav are being inquired into. However, he said, the primary investigations revealed that a local leader, Shailesh Tiwari, had a heated exchange with the SO when the latter visited the spot where the accused was being beaten. Tiwari probably provoked the girl and her family members to accuse the SO, he added.
A case of molestation was, however, filed against the SO.
Kushinagar SP Lalit Kumar Singh ordered an inquiry into the allegations against the SO.
Circle Officer of Khadda police station, Vinod Kumar Yadav, will probe into the allegation, the SP said. The inquiry into the rape case will be handed over to district Crime Branch, he added.
He, however, said that the allegation against the SO appears to be concocted as a primary inquiry revealed that the girl did not visit the police station. He said that the girl had an affair with the accused who was caught when he had come to meet the victim at her house on Sunday and was beaten up.
Circle Officer Vinod Kumar Yadav said that the girl handed over an application to him Monday alleging that Ainullah (20) of the same village entered her house forcibly and raped her Sunday morning. She also alleged that she visited the police station to lodge a complaint when the SO asked her to strip and molested her and demanded Rs 50,000 to lodge the case.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer