‘Reasons for atrocities on women similar across religious groups’
- Rahul Gandhi fasts with agitating students at Hyd university, BJP calls it 'cheap politics'
- Classic politics of vulturisation: BJP on Rahul's visit to Hyd University
- Month before budget, Raghuram Rajan cautions: Don’t overspend to spur growth
- Solar scam: Kerala HC grants Chandy some relief as Saritha targets his son
- Centre justifies President’s rule in Arunachal: ‘Threat from China, war-like situation’
Another important recommendation is that of reducing the age of juvenility from 18 years to 15 years. The committee said this should be done in the context of "changing social structures and lifestyles".
n Restrictions on public prosecutors and lawyers for accused from speaking to media
n In cases of crimes against women, passive bystanders should also be treated as criminals and a provision should be made to this effect in the law.
n 'Stalking' and 'blackmailing' should be made criminal acts
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies