‘Reinvestigate graft case against 2 cops’
- Combating terrorism must be major priority for G20: PM Narendra Modi
- Obama on Paris attack: Twisted ideology behind killing of innocents
- G20 summit: India pledges to hike renewable energy output to 175GW by 2022
- Two attackers killed in Paris were Frenchmen living in Brussels
- Petrol price hiked by 36 paise/litre, diesel by 87 paise/litre
The court of Special Judge, anti-corruption branch (ACB), has ordered reinvestigation into a case against two police officers where a closure report was filed by the ACB without completion of investigation.
The case involves two officers of Delhi Police, who allegedly accepted favours from a man accused in a kidnap and rape case.
A closure report was filed by the ACB in the investigation against Delhi Police officers Shahnoor Khan and Manoj Kumar Sharma of Lodhi Colony police station.
The complainant, Harish Chauhan, is the father of the girl who was kidnapped and raped. The girl is no more.
Chauhan had filed a protest petition against the closure report. The girl was kidnapped in 2008 and found by police after extensive investigation in other states.
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly
- Paris attacks: The loss of innocence
- How the AMU professor became a rallying point for LGBT movement
- Across the aisle: The ethos of India wins the election
- Salvation of India rests with Modi, provided he reforms himself