‘Reinvestigate graft case against 2 cops’
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
The court of Special Judge, anti-corruption branch (ACB), has ordered reinvestigation into a case against two police officers where a closure report was filed by the ACB without completion of investigation.
The case involves two officers of Delhi Police, who allegedly accepted favours from a man accused in a kidnap and rape case.
A closure report was filed by the ACB in the investigation against Delhi Police officers Shahnoor Khan and Manoj Kumar Sharma of Lodhi Colony police station.
The complainant, Harish Chauhan, is the father of the girl who was kidnapped and raped. The girl is no more.
Chauhan had filed a protest petition against the closure report. The girl was kidnapped in 2008 and found by police after extensive investigation in other states.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism