‘Reinvestigate graft case against 2 cops’
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The court of Special Judge, anti-corruption branch (ACB), has ordered reinvestigation into a case against two police officers where a closure report was filed by the ACB without completion of investigation.
The case involves two officers of Delhi Police, who allegedly accepted favours from a man accused in a kidnap and rape case.
A closure report was filed by the ACB in the investigation against Delhi Police officers Shahnoor Khan and Manoj Kumar Sharma of Lodhi Colony police station.
The complainant, Harish Chauhan, is the father of the girl who was kidnapped and raped. The girl is no more.
Chauhan had filed a protest petition against the closure report. The girl was kidnapped in 2008 and found by police after extensive investigation in other states.
He had also accused the policemen of taking bribe from the accused to fudge the investigation. The anti-corruption branch has now been ordered to investigate the matter "to its entirety and file a report."