‘Sex racket’ busted in Pune, manager of massage parlour, 5 women arrested
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal slapped in Delhi; FIR filed against Beni Prasad Verma in UP
- Amit Shah will destroy secular fabric of UP: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
The crime branch of the city police on Saturday night busted an alleged prostitution racket running under the garb of a "massage parlour-cum-healthcare centre" in the upscale Bhandarkar Road area. Police have arrested the manager of the centre, along with five women. The man who ran the place is absconding.
A case has been registered at the Deccan Gymkhana police station. Based on a tip-off, a team led by Inspector Chandrakant Ghodke raided the massage parlour that was running on the second floor of a residential building. The team arrested Satyavan Bhagwan Chavan (19) and five women aged between 23 and 30, all residents of various parts of Pune. Inspector S G Kenjale said: "We are yet to arrest the owner of the club, Sambhaji Murade."
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city