‘Sex racket’ busted in Pune, manager of massage parlour, 5 women arrested
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
The crime branch of the city police on Saturday night busted an alleged prostitution racket running under the garb of a "massage parlour-cum-healthcare centre" in the upscale Bhandarkar Road area. Police have arrested the manager of the centre, along with five women. The man who ran the place is absconding.
A case has been registered at the Deccan Gymkhana police station. Based on a tip-off, a team led by Inspector Chandrakant Ghodke raided the massage parlour that was running on the second floor of a residential building. The team arrested Satyavan Bhagwan Chavan (19) and five women aged between 23 and 30, all residents of various parts of Pune. Inspector S G Kenjale said: "We are yet to arrest the owner of the club, Sambhaji Murade."