‘Sex racket’ busted in Pune, manager of massage parlour, 5 women arrested
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
The crime branch of the city police on Saturday night busted an alleged prostitution racket running under the garb of a "massage parlour-cum-healthcare centre" in the upscale Bhandarkar Road area. Police have arrested the manager of the centre, along with five women. The man who ran the place is absconding.
A case has been registered at the Deccan Gymkhana police station. Based on a tip-off, a team led by Inspector Chandrakant Ghodke raided the massage parlour that was running on the second floor of a residential building. The team arrested Satyavan Bhagwan Chavan (19) and five women aged between 23 and 30, all residents of various parts of Pune. Inspector S G Kenjale said: "We are yet to arrest the owner of the club, Sambhaji Murade."