‘Sex racket’ busted, manager of massage parlour, 5 women held
- CVC, CIC appointments irk Jethmalani, says respect for Modi ends today
- Despite India's objections, Pakistan holds elections in Gilgit-Baltistan
- Ready to 'drink poison' to crush the 'cobra' of communalism: Lalu
- TDP MLA accuses CM Chandrasekhara Rao of phone tapping, files FIR
- Bombay High Court bans horse-drawn carriages calling them illegal
Hunt on for owner of Bhandarkar Road massage parlour
The crime branch of the city police on Saturday night busted an alleged prostitution racket running under the garb of a "massage parlour-cum-healthcare centre" in the upscale Bhandarkar Road area. Police have arrested the manager of the centre, along with five women. The man who ran the place is absconding.
A case has been registered at the Deccan Gymkhana police station. Based on a tip-off, a team led by Inspector Chandrakant Ghodke raided the massage parlour that was running on the second floor of a residential building. The team arrested Satyavan Bhagwan Chavan (19) and five women aged between 23 and 30, all residents of various parts of Pune.
Inspector S G Kenjale said: "We are yet to arrest the owner of the club, Sambhaji Murade. Investigation shows that Murade used to solicit customers through Chavan. Some more women are yet to be arrested."
A court in Pune on Sunday remanded all arrested suspects to police custody till Monday. All the suspects have been booked under sections of Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act.