‘Sex racket’: KKR cheer girl, agent held in Pune
- Election LIVE: Will Kejriwal take on Modi? Announcement likely at Bangalore rally today
- Missing flight MH370: Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Aam Aadmi Party fundraiser collects Rs 50 lakh, Arvind Kejriwal quizzed about attack on media
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Manish Tewari unlikely to contest Lok Sabha polls
The Social Security Cell of the Pune police crime branch Wednesday arrested a 22-year old — who worked as a cheer girl of Kolkata Knight Riders team — from a hotel in Koregaon Park area for alleged involvement in a prostitution racket. The police also arrested an agent, identified as Seema Bhagwan Jagtap (34).
Acting on a tip-off, a team led by senior inspector Bhanupratap Barge contacted Jagtap through a decoy customer. Jagtap allegedly assured the decoy customer that she would provide him the model-cum-cheer girl at the hotel for Rs 1.5 lakh.
After the decoy customer confirmed sex trade, the police raided the spot and nabbed the cheer girl along with Jagtap.
Both were booked under different sections of the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act.
The police said the cheer girl hails from Nagpur, but was currently living in Mumbai.
She had come to Pune along with her mother and two friends a couple of days back. She then allegedly contacted Jagtap and asked her to send a customer at a hotel in Koregaon Park, the police said.