‘Sex racket’: KKR cheer girl, agent held in Pune
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
The Social Security Cell of the Pune police crime branch Wednesday arrested a 22-year old — who worked as a cheer girl of Kolkata Knight Riders team — from a hotel in Koregaon Park area for alleged involvement in a prostitution racket. The police also arrested an agent, identified as Seema Bhagwan Jagtap (34).
Acting on a tip-off, a team led by senior inspector Bhanupratap Barge contacted Jagtap through a decoy customer. Jagtap allegedly assured the decoy customer that she would provide him the model-cum-cheer girl at the hotel for Rs 1.5 lakh.
After the decoy customer confirmed sex trade, the police raided the spot and nabbed the cheer girl along with Jagtap.
Both were booked under different sections of the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act.
The police said the cheer girl hails from Nagpur, but was currently living in Mumbai.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon