‘Shastri wants to open sports academy in Junglemahal’
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said that former Indian cricket captain Ravi Shastri has proposed to set up a sports academy in Junglemahal.
"There is so much potential lying untapped in areas of Junglemahal. Ravi Shastri has told me that he wants to set up a sports academy at Jhargram in West Midnapore district," she said.
"I have asked him go ahead and we will give required assistance," she said while addressing a rally here.
Mamata had met the former India all-rounder during a felicitation on the sidelines of India-Pakistan second ODI at Eden Gardens on January 3.