‘She said she won’t be here for Republic Day function’
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
"That Makar Sankranti, we all were chatting when Shubhangi said 'Let us enjoy all we can, now. I won't be here for Republic Day function'. I never thought it will literally happen that way," said Rohini Humne, Shubhangi's sister-in-law.
On the fateful day, Shubhangi and her husband were on their way to Poladpur to attend her sister's engagement. "She was very happy as she was going to her village. We were standing on the road side when the bus hit her," said Suryakant More, Shubhangi's husband.
It took Humne three months to come to terms with the truth.
"The worst affected was Shubhangi's elder daughter who is in class VI now. They were like friends. She was completely shattered. Even now she remembers her at least twice a day," said Humne.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words