‘She said she won’t be here for Republic Day function’
- PM Modi at UN General Assembly: Women's development integral part of our development plans
- PM Modi in US: What scares CEOs about doing business with India
- Pak expresses 'deep concern' about India's plan to build wall along LoC
- Barack Obama, Xi Jinping agree: US, China won't conduct cybertheft
- Volkswagen faces probe in India after emission standards scandal
"That Makar Sankranti, we all were chatting when Shubhangi said 'Let us enjoy all we can, now. I won't be here for Republic Day function'. I never thought it will literally happen that way," said Rohini Humne, Shubhangi's sister-in-law.
On the fateful day, Shubhangi and her husband were on their way to Poladpur to attend her sister's engagement. "She was very happy as she was going to her village. We were standing on the road side when the bus hit her," said Suryakant More, Shubhangi's husband.
It took Humne three months to come to terms with the truth.
"The worst affected was Shubhangi's elder daughter who is in class VI now. They were like friends. She was completely shattered. Even now she remembers her at least twice a day," said Humne.