‘Smart’ ration card enrolment camps held
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: Jadeja double spells trouble for RR against CSK
The Department of Food and Supplies and Consumer Affairs, UT, Chandigarh is conducting smart ration card enrollment camps at e-sampark centre, Manimajra, UT, Chandigarh from January 15-20 and subsequently, all the essential commodities under TPDS will be distributed to only those beneficiaries who have these smart ration cards.
The beneficiaries left out, who were unable to get themselves enrolled in the smart ration card camps in the year 2011, who are registered with M/s Sunil, M/s Akhilak, M/s Sharma & M/s Dilshad kiryana store, Manimajra respectively and M/s S P Brothers kiryana store, Village Kishangarh are required to enroll themselves at e-sampark centre, UT, Chandigarh during the aforesaid period from 9.30 am to 6.00 pm.
For enrollment, the head of the family and at least two members from the family, above the age of 12 years are required to be present.