‘Smart cities under JNNURM-II’
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
- Kiran floats party for âTelugu prideâ
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
India's new cities may soon boast of several smart features like IT-enabled transport and carbon neutral status.
"Under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission Phase-II, every state will have at least one smart city," urban development minister Kamal Nath said at FICCI's 85th AGM.
He said the new cities, particularly those with population of half a million to one million, will have a host of IT-enabled services, like transport and other utilities.
Nath also mooted creation of a special municipal cadre to ensure that local bodies have dedicated staff to carry out plans specific to the urban areas.