‘Student, accused present in school on Jan 2’
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
Molestation case Cops cite cellphone tower location records; Vice-principal's custody extended to Jan 29.
The Yerawada police on Friday told a magisterial court that they were in possession of tower location records of cell phones of Don Bosco School vice-principal Father Egidius Falcao and the 14-year-old complainant and the details show that on January 2 afternoon both were present on the school campus.
The complainant, a class X student of the school, has alleged that around 1 pm on January 2, Falcao had allegedly molested her and attempted to rape her inside his cabin at the school campus.
On Wednesday, Don Bosco School authorities had come out with attendance sheet, claiming that the complainant was absent on the day. The school claimed that the girl had lodged a false complaint.
"We have obtained the tower location records of cell phones of both Falcao and the complainant which show that both were present on the school campus around 12.30 pm on January 2," police submitted to the court.
Falcao, who was arrested by Yerawada police on January 22, was produced in the First Class Judicial Magistrate court by Yerawada police on Friday afternoon. The court extended his police custody to January 29. The police added two more sections against Falcon - Section 7 of Protection of Child Against Sexual and Section 342 (wrongful confinement) of the IPC. Earlier, the police had booked him under Sections 354, 376 and 511 of the IPC.
The public prosecutor said Falcao was not co-operating with them and was giving evasive answers."We have sent a team to Mumbai to find out the reasons for Falcao leaving his previous jobs in schools in Mumbai. We are yet to get information from the team," said assistant public prosecutor Madhav Paul.
According to police, Falcao said he had met the girl a few days before January 2 in presence of another woman to discuss an issue about the fees. "But he is evasive when we ask him about the woman. We need to investigate further in the case to find out if any other girl from the school has any complaint against him," said sub-inspector Reshma Mulani.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde