‘Student, accused present in school on Jan 2’
- India's Nuclear Suppliers Group membership is not about arms: US tells Pakistan
- Now in Meghalaya, Congress braces for Uttarakhand, Arunachal replay
- Scary...need to know someone in govt to do business in India: US Governor Nikki Haley
- New policy proposal: Can fail kids after Class V, let foreign universities in
- PM Modi extends best wishes to Nawaz Sharif for his heart surgery
Molestation case Cops cite cellphone tower location records; Vice-principal's custody extended to Jan 29.
The Yerawada police on Friday told a magisterial court that they were in possession of tower location records of cell phones of Don Bosco School vice-principal Father Egidius Falcao and the 14-year-old complainant and the details show that on January 2 afternoon both were present on the school campus.
The complainant, a class X student of the school, has alleged that around 1 pm on January 2, Falcao had allegedly molested her and attempted to rape her inside his cabin at the school campus.
On Wednesday, Don Bosco School authorities had come out with attendance sheet, claiming that the complainant was absent on the day. The school claimed that the girl had lodged a false complaint.
"We have obtained the tower location records of cell phones of both Falcao and the complainant which show that both were present on the school campus around 12.30 pm on January 2," police submitted to the court.
Falcao, who was arrested by Yerawada police on January 22, was produced in the First Class Judicial Magistrate court by Yerawada police on Friday afternoon. The court extended his police custody to January 29. The police added two more sections against Falcon - Section 7 of Protection of Child Against Sexual and Section 342 (wrongful confinement) of the IPC. Earlier, the police had booked him under Sections 354, 376 and 511 of the IPC.
The public prosecutor said Falcao was not co-operating with them and was giving evasive answers."We have sent a team to Mumbai to find out the reasons for Falcao leaving his previous jobs in schools in Mumbai. We are yet to get information from the team," said assistant public prosecutor Madhav Paul.
According to police, Falcao said he had met the girl a few days before January 2 in presence of another woman to discuss an issue about the fees. "But he is evasive when we ask him about the woman. We need to investigate further in the case to find out if any other girl from the school has any complaint against him," said sub-inspector Reshma Mulani.
- Successful inflation targeting calls for more reform. Targeting Rajan is all too easy.
- Three years of Modi govt could be Indian economy's best since '96
- Pakistan will be the test-tube for the next jihad
- Modi government’s biggest achievement is the curbing of corruption
- It’s Akbar’s turn now and the victim, as always, is history
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating