‘Subash Park multi-level parking to be ready by Jan’
- India rejects US report on religious freedom, says it's based on 'limited understanding'
- Petrol prices hiked by Rs 3.96 a litre and diesel by Rs 2.37
- Jaitley replies to Rahul's jibe, says this is 'sooj-boojh ki sarkar'
- Punjab bus molestation: Driver, three others arrested, Badals face the heat
- Modi govt 'abandoning' farmers, backing 'crony capitalists': Rahul Gandhi
During proceedings in a writ petition filed by NGO Manushi on Friday, the MCD has told the Delhi High Court that the proposed multi-level parking at Subhash Park, Chandni Chowk, will be made functional in January.
The two-Judge bench of Justices Muralidhar and Ravindra Bhat had on the last date asked the municipal corporation to speed up the process of decongestion of Old Delhi.
The court has also asked the municipal corporation to get help from the Unified Traffic and Transportation Infrastructure (Planning & Engineering) to draw up a proper decongestion plan for the Chandni Chowk area.
The directions came during the proceedings on a writ petition which was filed by the NGO in 2009 to allow rickshaw pullers to ply in all parts of the Capital after the High court had struck down a cap on the number of rickshaws in the city.