‘Suri healthy, but under stress’
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Election Live: AAP candidate in Nalanda beaten up, Shazia Ilmi's rally attacked in MP
The National Commission for Women has found that tribal teacher Soni Sori, in Raipur jail for her suspected Maoist links, is healthy though under mental stress. An NCW team headed by its member Shamina Shafiq had visited the jail to examine her condition.
"She is hale and healthy. We did not find any fault with her health. Though she is under mental trauma, which is natural considering she has been in jail for over a year. She needs counselling," Shafiq said.
Sori has has been regularly writing letters from jail about her worsening health. She had alleged that she was not given food and medicines by police. In the letters, she had said that she was being forced to strip off and sit on floor.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit