‘Suri healthy, but under stress’
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
The National Commission for Women has found that tribal teacher Soni Sori, in Raipur jail for her suspected Maoist links, is healthy though under mental stress. An NCW team headed by its member Shamina Shafiq had visited the jail to examine her condition.
"She is hale and healthy. We did not find any fault with her health. Though she is under mental trauma, which is natural considering she has been in jail for over a year. She needs counselling," Shafiq said.
Sori has has been regularly writing letters from jail about her worsening health. She had alleged that she was not given food and medicines by police. In the letters, she had said that she was being forced to strip off and sit on floor.