‘Torture’ of inmate: Govt orders probe
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
The state government on Thursday ordered an inquiry into the alleged torture of an undertrial prisoner, Bikram Mahato, at Dum Dum Central Correctional Home in Kolkata. "Anybody found responsible will be punished," said Minister for Correctional Administration Department, Shankar Chakraborty.