‘Track hate crimes against Sikhs, Hindus’
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
Concerned over spurt in attacks on Sikhs, Hindus and other minorities in America, the US Justice Department has asked FBI to track hate crimes against them.
Terming bullying and harassment of Sikh children as a "serious problem", a top official of the justice department recommended that crimes against Sikhs and Hindus be added to the religion-based hate crimes tracked by the FBI to help law enforcement officials tackle the problem.
Assistant Attorney General in the department's civil rights division Tom Perez said there is "strong support" from interfaith groups for adding anti-Sikh, anti-Hindu and anti-Arab to hate crime categories tracked by FBI's Uniform Crime Report.
Indian-Americans will organise event to honour Obama
Washington: Signifying the arrival of the three million-plus community at the national stage, the first ever Indian-American inaugural ball to celebrate the re-election of the US President Barack Obama would be held here two nights before he takes the oath of office for his second term, organisers of this 2013 Inaugural Ball have announced.