‘Track hate crimes against Sikhs, Hindus’
Concerned over spurt in attacks on Sikhs, Hindus and other minorities in America, the US Justice Department has asked FBI to track hate crimes against them.
Terming bullying and harassment of Sikh children as a "serious problem", a top official of the justice department recommended that crimes against Sikhs and Hindus be added to the religion-based hate crimes tracked by the FBI to help law enforcement officials tackle the problem.
Assistant Attorney General in the department's civil rights division Tom Perez said there is "strong support" from interfaith groups for adding anti-Sikh, anti-Hindu and anti-Arab to hate crime categories tracked by FBI's Uniform Crime Report.
Indian-Americans will organise event to honour Obama
Washington: Signifying the arrival of the three million-plus community at the national stage, the first ever Indian-American inaugural ball to celebrate the re-election of the US President Barack Obama would be held here two nights before he takes the oath of office for his second term, organisers of this 2013 Inaugural Ball have announced.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi