‘Trinamool cadres’ ransack police station
- Raja 'misled' Manmohan Singh on policy matters: CBI to court
- RSS raises Ambedkar vs Mother Teresa row
- From Maldives, road to Islamic State goes via drugs, gangs and jail
- In a first, Indian military contingent to march at Moscow’s Red Square
- Maharashtra by-poll: Shiv Sena set to retain Bandra (E), NCP wins Tasgaon
A group of Trinamool Congress workers ransacked Bongaon police station in North 24-Parganas district on Friday demanding arrest of a CPM panchayat pradhan.
According to police, the group carrying Trinamool flags had gathered outside the police station demanding the arrest of the pradhan of the area for corruption.
Television footages aired by local channels showed that people attacked the police station's duty officer room and broke furniture. Those protesting wanted to submit a deputation to the officer in charge of the police station who was not present in his office.
"We are investigating into the matter. A case has been registered," said Sugata Sen, SP of North 24-Parganas.
Local Trinamool Congress MLA Biswajit Das said strict action will be taken if Trinamool workers were involved in the incident.
Mukul Roy, TMC general secretary, however, denied involvement of Trinamool workers. "We have reports that our party flag was used," he said.