‘Trinamool cadres’ ransack police station
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A group of Trinamool Congress workers ransacked Bongaon police station in North 24-Parganas district on Friday demanding arrest of a CPM panchayat pradhan.
According to police, the group carrying Trinamool flags had gathered outside the police station demanding the arrest of the pradhan of the area for corruption.
Television footages aired by local channels showed that people attacked the police station's duty officer room and broke furniture. Those protesting wanted to submit a deputation to the officer in charge of the police station who was not present in his office.
"We are investigating into the matter. A case has been registered," said Sugata Sen, SP of North 24-Parganas.
Local Trinamool Congress MLA Biswajit Das said strict action will be taken if Trinamool workers were involved in the incident.
Mukul Roy, TMC general secretary, however, denied involvement of Trinamool workers. "We have reports that our party flag was used," he said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express