‘UB Group, Diageo closing in on USL deal’
- J&K crisis: Governor asks PDP, BJP to clarify stand on govt formation
- Inexcusable: Delhi Police brutally assault student protesters outside RSS HQs
- Andhra quota stir takes violent turn, train set on fire
- MS Dhoni's 'great speech' to team after whitewash: ‘Don’t slip from here’
- Is Gujarat not part of India? SC questions failure in implementing MNREGA, Food Act
Vijay Mallya-led UB Group is understood to have reached a deal with world's largest spirit maker Diageo for a stake sale in United Spirits (USL).
According to sources, the deal will be announced tomorrow. However, the exact details such as the quantum of stake and valuation could not be ascertained.
When contacted, an UB Group spokesperson declined to comment. According to different reports, the deal could entail Diageo picking up to 51 per cent stake in USL which could be valued between $1 billion and $2 billion.
In September this year, United Spirits had confirmed that it was in talks with UK-based Diageo Plc for a stake sale.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in the US demand a more strategic view of changing American politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms