‘UB Group, Diageo closing in on USL deal’
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Vijay Mallya-led UB Group is understood to have reached a deal with world's largest spirit maker Diageo for a stake sale in United Spirits (USL).
According to sources, the deal will be announced tomorrow. However, the exact details such as the quantum of stake and valuation could not be ascertained.
When contacted, an UB Group spokesperson declined to comment. According to different reports, the deal could entail Diageo picking up to 51 per cent stake in USL which could be valued between $1 billion and $2 billion.
In September this year, United Spirits had confirmed that it was in talks with UK-based Diageo Plc for a stake sale.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly