‘UB Group, Diageo closing in on USL deal’
- At meet with Chinese counterpart, Sushma Swaraj raises Masood Azhar issue
- How a railway project put truck driver’s son on plane to Japan
- Kingfisher Airlines challenges ED's charges against Mallya in Mumbai court
- BJP's Vijay Goel fined for violating odd-even scheme, he says 'successful protest'
- Inflation in negative zone for 17th month, at -0.85% in March
Vijay Mallya-led UB Group is understood to have reached a deal with world's largest spirit maker Diageo for a stake sale in United Spirits (USL).
According to sources, the deal will be announced tomorrow. However, the exact details such as the quantum of stake and valuation could not be ascertained.
When contacted, an UB Group spokesperson declined to comment. According to different reports, the deal could entail Diageo picking up to 51 per cent stake in USL which could be valued between $1 billion and $2 billion.
In September this year, United Spirits had confirmed that it was in talks with UK-based Diageo Plc for a stake sale.
- India has not matched Ambedkar’s poignant urgency for swift action against social apartheid
- Fate of millions of Syrian refugees depends on whether ceasefire can lead to a peace process
- India’s first rankings of higher education institutions need improvement
- Are we at the brink of a technological revolution in the field of medical research and practice?
- People of the Kashmir valley are struggling to decide their identity
- Ambedkar would be deeply ashamed of the way India has turned out