‘Vajpayee’ schemes in Cong crosshairs, now free uniform initiative to be scrapped
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR score 163/5 against MI
The Congress government's latest decision is another attempt to tinker with schemes that have been named in honour of former BJP Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and comes after Health Minister Kaul Singh Thakur had directed agencies to remove Vajpayee's name from the ambulance scheme, while Food and Supplies minister G S Bali passed orders to destroy PDS bags with Vajpayee's photographs.