‘We will create history as no govt has retained power in HP’
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Days after former Mumbai commissioner, another top cop quits post to join BJP
- Allegations against Mata Amritanandamayi's ashram serious: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Wary of Muslim âdisapprovalâ, Mamata doesnât meet US envoy
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
You have just completed elections in Himachal Pradesh (HP). Do you expect any surprise?
The poll results will be on expected lines for us. We will create history, however, as no incumbent government has ever been voted back to power in Himachal Pradesh. We have already created new records. In the past, the government could not run beyond two and a half years. For the first time in 1998, the BJP formed a government that ran for five years. In 2007 we formed a government of our own.
You promised free distribution of induction heaters. Even Narendra Modi was seen endorsing this promise during campaigning. Do you think it has worked in BJP's favour against Congress promise of removing unemployment from the state?
When UPA government decided to put a cap on number of cylinders, we said we cannot give subsidy, nor can we increase the limit of cylinders. Be we came forward to give free electric chullas to every household. We have the cheapest electricity for people. On an average, the electricity consumption it is two units per day. So even if one consumes 10 units, the bill will not cross 300 rupees per month.
You are considered very close to Narendra Modi. How do you see his prospects of returning to power again?
Modi has no challenge in Gujarat. Has been a very successful CM. Gujarat model is considered ideal for every state. Himachal government has also entered in to a number of MoUs with the government including GPS, climate change, geo-informatics. We always got full cooperation from the Gujarat government and the CM. Modi is a very far sighted leader. You may like him, or you may not, but you certainly cannot ignore him.
Do you endorse Narendra Modi as a PM candidate?
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express