‘Wife’s killer had an affair with bar girl’
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
The Mira Road police, probing the murder of a French national allegedly by her husband Tuesday, have said the couple used to fight constantly as the accused had a relationship with a bar girl and demanded money from his wife, Madhumanti, to splurge on the woman. Police had found the victim's body chopped into pieces, wrapped in duct tape, and stored in a fridge in the apartment's kitchen.
Police said Girish Khote had a fight with his wife when he asked her for Rs 20,000 to splurge on his girlfriend, who worked at a beer bar in Dahisar.
The fight turned violent when Madhumanti refused and threatened to return to France along with their two-and-half-year-old son.
Khote realised that all their property and bank accounts were in Madhumanti's name. On Tuesday afternoon, Khote allegedly began hitting Madhumanti, police said, adding that he smothered her in a fit of rage.
"Khote called up his brother and left for a nearby mall, leaving Madhumanti's body in the bedroom," said SP (Thane rural) Anil Kumbhare. Khote had confessed, police said.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held