‘Wife’s killer had an affair with bar girl’
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
The Mira Road police, probing the murder of a French national allegedly by her husband Tuesday, have said the couple used to fight constantly as the accused had a relationship with a bar girl and demanded money from his wife, Madhumanti, to splurge on the woman. Police had found the victim's body chopped into pieces, wrapped in duct tape, and stored in a fridge in the apartment's kitchen.
Police said Girish Khote had a fight with his wife when he asked her for Rs 20,000 to splurge on his girlfriend, who worked at a beer bar in Dahisar.
The fight turned violent when Madhumanti refused and threatened to return to France along with their two-and-half-year-old son.
Khote realised that all their property and bank accounts were in Madhumanti's name. On Tuesday afternoon, Khote allegedly began hitting Madhumanti, police said, adding that he smothered her in a fit of rage.
"Khote called up his brother and left for a nearby mall, leaving Madhumanti's body in the bedroom," said SP (Thane rural) Anil Kumbhare. Khote had confessed, police said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota