‘Will challan Attari fund scam accused’
- Positions hardening, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- After Fali, former SC judge K T Thomas questions Lokpal selection
- Paswan calls him vikas purush as Modi sells âNational Development Allianceâ
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
The Punjab government told the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Friday that it was ready to file a challan against the border area fund scam accused.
Appearing on behalf of the state, Advocate General Ashok Aggarwal told the court that Punjab would file the challan before a lower court on Saturday. The statement was made today during the hearing of a petition demanding investigation by the Central Bureau of Investigation or the Central Vigilance Commission into the alleged embezzlement of government grants in the Attari Assembly constituency of former minister Gulzar Singh Ranike.