‘Women no less than men’
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
At a time when the nation is reeling from the shocking gangrape of a 23-year-old girl, Amitabh Bachchan is pleased to see a woman win the Rs 5 crore jackpot on his game show KBC, showing that women are no less than men. Housewife Sunmeet Kaur Sawhney has become the first woman contestant to have won Rs five crores on Kaun Banega Crorepati.
"In the days that have gone by, where the dignity of a young girl is maligned and brought to shame through the most heinous and disgusting acts of a bunch of animals, it gave me great pleasure to see a woman in a man's world, taking on the many painful experiences, and coming out victorious. Her status as a woman was never compromised," he said in his blog.