‘Women no less than men’
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
At a time when the nation is reeling from the shocking gangrape of a 23-year-old girl, Amitabh Bachchan is pleased to see a woman win the Rs 5 crore jackpot on his game show KBC, showing that women are no less than men. Housewife Sunmeet Kaur Sawhney has become the first woman contestant to have won Rs five crores on Kaun Banega Crorepati.
"In the days that have gone by, where the dignity of a young girl is maligned and brought to shame through the most heinous and disgusting acts of a bunch of animals, it gave me great pleasure to see a woman in a man's world, taking on the many painful experiences, and coming out victorious. Her status as a woman was never compromised," he said in his blog.