‘Women no less than men’
- Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
- Mamata Banerjee seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- April 8 Campaign roundup: TDP, BJP still grappling with seat sharing issues; Mamata seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
At a time when the nation is reeling from the shocking gangrape of a 23-year-old girl, Amitabh Bachchan is pleased to see a woman win the Rs 5 crore jackpot on his game show KBC, showing that women are no less than men. Housewife Sunmeet Kaur Sawhney has become the first woman contestant to have won Rs five crores on Kaun Banega Crorepati.
"In the days that have gone by, where the dignity of a young girl is maligned and brought to shame through the most heinous and disgusting acts of a bunch of animals, it gave me great pleasure to see a woman in a man's world, taking on the many painful experiences, and coming out victorious. Her status as a woman was never compromised," he said in his blog.
- Cops scan video footage to identify miscreants
- LGBT community struggles to make it to electoral rolls
- ‘I am proud of all criminal cases filed against me’
- ‘Balasaheb’s speeches inspired me to join MNS… I should have been here much earlier’
- Modi’s AAP rival and his marriage(s)
- Modi will create unprecedented history: Advani