‘Yuvraj Singh is an inspiration for me’
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
19-yr-old Chandigarh opening batsman, Manan Vohra, wants to do well for India, U-19 team in the upcoming Asia Cup to be held in Malaysia, starting from next week. While speaking with Sportline, Manan talks about Yuvraj Singh being his hero, how important will be the U-19 Asia Cup for him and how good performances at the junior level will help him reach at the top level
Ever since he could remember, Yuvraj Singh, the dashing cricket superstar from Chandigarh, has been Manan Vohra's cricketing idol. But over the last few months, the urge to repeat the southpaw's performances on the cricket field has become stronger for Manan. Watching Yuvraj's struggle with cancer, and the subsequent recovery and rehab, has made it possible for Manan to imbibe the willpower and determination which his role model possesses.
Manan has been selected in the India U-19 team for the Junior Asia Cup, and maybe the World u-19 Cup , which at present looks a big possibility. At Bangalore for the preparatory camp, Manan met Yuvraj who was there at the NCA for his own rehab. The inspirational words from Yuvraj have made Manan more hungry for success: "Yuvi paaji's career is in itself a learning school for any young cricketer. And the way he led the Indian team to the WC was commendable despite the fact that he was having health problems during that time. It was so motivating to see him train after he fought with cancer for so many months. He inspires me to excel in life and also face tough times with a smile on the face. He told me that the wickets in Malaysia (Asia Cup) will be batsman friendly, so I should be alert and stay at the wicket for a longer time in order to pile big scores. I will pay heed to his advice and work on that."
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today