... and PU to dispatch roll nos via registered post, speed post, courier
- Rahul Gandhi fasts with agitating students at Hyd university, BJP calls it 'cheap politics'
- Classic politics of vulturisation: BJP on Rahul's visit to Hyd University
- Month before budget, Raghuram Rajan cautions: Don’t overspend to spur growth
- Solar scam: Kerala HC grants Chandy some relief as Saritha targets his son
- Centre justifies President’s rule in Arunachal: ‘Threat from China, war-like situation’
The mode of sending the roll numbers will be used as per the location of the area. It is learnt that 95 per cent roll numbers would be dispatched using the facility of the registered post. The courier will be used if the student is residing in nearby cities and speed post will be used keeping in mind the time constraints.
Earlier, the varsity authorities used to face flak from all sections of society for not delivering the roll numbers on time. Students had to bear the brunt of the failed system of dispatching the roll numbers as they had to pay for getting a duplicate roll number.
Moreover, the Controller of Examination (CoE) office has also tied up with the PU computer centre to work on a proposal to upload all the roll numbers on the varsity's website. If this happens, then the students who failed to get their roll numbers can download the same and after showing the identity card can take the exam.
After this proposal materialises, the varsity is likely to issue an advertisement in newspapers.
"The main aim of the CoE is to smoothen things for the students. I learnt that students suffer from this roll number problem and have to travel long distances just to collect duplicate roll numbers," CoE Dr Parvinder Singh told Chandigarh Newsline.
"We are all ready to use new modes of speed post, registered and in some cases courier to dispatch the roll numbers. The varsity post office is helping us. These fast modes do contain bar code and it would be easy for the authorities to trace the roll number if not delivered. The varsity authorities are putting in their efforts to streamline the functioning of the administrative block," he added.
The roll numbers are to be issued to all the students, including those who had compartments in any of the subjects they are studying or who are getting education through correspondence departments. The entire process of dispatching the roll numbers will be completed by the second week of March.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies