1 hurt as bus rams into wall
- Manohar Parrikar sticks to stand, warns of action against Coast Guard officer
- Coast Guard DIG on video: Blow the Pak boat off, we don’t want to serve them biryani
- Clean chit to AAP: Nothing wrong with foreign funding, Centre tells HC
- Fake encounter case: D G Vanzara walks free; says "Acche Din" have arrived
- Defence is at heart of Make in India programme, says PM Modi at Bangalore Aero show
A student suffered minor injuries after the school bus of the Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 16, rammed into wall at 8.30 am on Saturday. Bus driver, Ravi Kant, told police that the steering wheel got locked as the bus was crossing Sector 26 and hence he lost control, resulting in the bus ramming into the wall of St John's High School in Sector 26.
There were 25 students in the vehicle when the incident occurred. Gurpreet Kaur (17) sustained minor injuries and was rushed to the Government Multi-Specialty Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16 and was given first aid.
The bus, registered with the GMSSS-16, was coming from Manimajra and was on its way to the school. The 17-year-old student refused to register a case against the driver.