1.85 lakh register online to participate in Vadodara ‘Run for Unity’ marathon
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
A whopping 1.85 lakh persons have registered themselves online to participate in the "Run for Unity" marathon in Vadodara to be held on December 15 in the presence of Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The marathon will be held at nearly 700 venues across the country, to mark the 63rd death anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, with Modi's speech planned to be rallied across all venues via video link.
Speaking to the mediapersons ahead of the programme, Vadodara Collector Vinod Rao said that the CM will flag off the marathon from Navlakhi Ground in the city where he will arrive by 7.15 am on the day of the event. "The participants are expected to gather at the ground by 6.15 am. The programme has received huge public response with over 1.85 lakh persons registering for it," Rao said. The annual Vadodara Marathon programme will also be held alongside the "Run for Unity."
Rao said that the district administration has arranged for a congregation of around 1.25 lakh persons in the Navlakhi Ground from where the marathon will be flagged off by Modi.
He said that the administration, along with the civic body and police, has prepared for the parking and road plans for the programme as around 550 buses and 20,000 vehicles, including two and four wheelers, will be expected to arrive in the city on the day of the programme.
"All concerned government departments and partnering institutions have come together to ensure that the grand event is successfully organised. We would like to appeal to people to reach the venue on time to avoid any traffic chaos," Rao said.
Around 500 "eminent citizens" including Arjuna and Eklavya award winners will be present at the venue and around 200 differently-able persons will also participate in the marathon, he said.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held