10 brand new cars gutted in open godown
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: DD steady but slow
As many as 10 brand new cars were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out in a godown in the early hours of Tuesday. Fire brigade officials suspect the fire started in the internal wiring of one of the cars.
The incident took place at an open car warehouse in Marunji area near Hinjewadi around 1 am. Station officer with Hinjewadi MIDC fire brigade Navnath Parkhe said: "It is an open warehouse with a fencing and hundreds of new cars are parked there. The security guards, who called up the fire brigade, said they saw the fire when it had started to spread and some of the cars were burnt by then. We reached the spot within 10 minutes and brought the fire under control within the next 20 minutes. Six Duster cars and four Manza cars were completely gutted."
Parkhe added: "We can't be sure about the cause of the fire. But prima facie it seems that the fire started in one of the cars, may be due to internal short-circuit in the battery. Fortunately, no one was around when the fire started."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18