10 brand new cars gutted in open godown
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
As many as 10 brand new cars were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out in a godown in the early hours of Tuesday. Fire brigade officials suspect the fire started in the internal wiring of one of the cars.
The incident took place at an open car warehouse in Marunji area near Hinjewadi around 1 am. Station officer with Hinjewadi MIDC fire brigade Navnath Parkhe said: "It is an open warehouse with a fencing and hundreds of new cars are parked there. The security guards, who called up the fire brigade, said they saw the fire when it had started to spread and some of the cars were burnt by then. We reached the spot within 10 minutes and brought the fire under control within the next 20 minutes. Six Duster cars and four Manza cars were completely gutted."
Parkhe added: "We can't be sure about the cause of the fire. But prima facie it seems that the fire started in one of the cars, may be due to internal short-circuit in the battery. Fortunately, no one was around when the fire started."
- Nilekani gets Cong nod for B’lore South
- Independents, smaller parties throng Ralegan Siddhi for Hazare’s support
- 12 MPs retained as BJP announces first state list
- Modi’s Chai pe Charcha part II a women’s day out
- Thank God I am not killed in encounter, says Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha poll fever rules Women’s Day celebrations