10 cheating cases on Day 1 of repeaters’ SSC, HSC exams
- Sena likens Kulkarni to Ajmal Kasab; Uddhav felicitates attackers
- India hits back, says don't need Pakistan lecture on pluralism
- CBI arrests Bank of Baroda AGM, forex ops chief
- China operationalises $1.5 bn dam on Brahmaputra in Tibet
- Salman Rushdie rubbishes criticism by 'Modi Toadies', says he is against 'thuggish violence'
The repeaters' examination for the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC, std XII) and Secondary School Certificate (SSC, std X) began on Thursday. The exams, conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE), are for those students who failed to clear their papers in the annual exam in March this year.
As many as 24,739 students have registered for class 10 examination and 29,350 students for class 12 exams in Pune division.
"In Thursday's English Language exam,10 cheating cases were registered in Pune division. Strict measures were taken to ensure the smooth passage of exams. Eighteen anti-cheating squads have been appointed in the division," said a senior Pune Division Officer, MSBSHSE.
It is compulsory for all repeaters' to attempt the oral exam for all languages and practical exam for science and technology.
However, students writing the exam under the class improvement scheme are exempted from this rule.