10 criminals from two gangs held, all drug addicts
- Congress moves EC as Modi's aide Amit Shah talks of 'badlaa' in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar
- MH370 fallout: AirAsia withdraws inflight magazine after it said our well-trained pilots would 'never lose a plane'
- After NYPD cop arrest at IGI, US tells India to get past tensions and move on
- VVIP chopper deal: Prosecution blames CBI for not sharing tender papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP displays 'show of unity' as Advani files nomination
The police on Tuesday night claimed to have foiled a loot bid on new year's eve with the arrest of ten criminals from two gangs.
In the first crack down, the CIA staff arrested five persons near the grain market at Kohara road in Sahnewal. As many as 30 cases of loot, snatching and murder were registered against them.
All the arrested persons are drug addicts.
Addressing a press conference, Police Commissioner Nirmal Singh Dhillon said the accused were also behind numerous loots, car thefts, snatching and other crimes in the city.
In the second crack down, the police arrested five members of a gang who were also involved in robberies and snatching.
A team led by Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Bhupinder Singh raided the grain market near Arora Palace on a tip off and arrested the accused.
All of them are 18-20 years old and indulge in criminal activity only to get money for drugs, Police Commissioner Dhillon added.
- Four-time Chikkaballapur MP Jalappa bats for Moily
- Congress cannot be wiped out, Rahul says at Mangalore rally
- Sule leads expenses chart, Kadam second
- Cambridge grad or Class IV pass-out, education no bar for candidates
- HC extends stay on arrest of Teesta, four others till April 23
- Cong threatens legal action against Madhu Kishwar