10 die after drinking hooch in Bihar
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Ten persons have died in Gaya district after drinking illicit liquor, taking the total number of hooch deaths in Bihar this month to 30.
Of the victims, nine persons died in Rampur police station area and one in Cherki police station area Monday night, while four were admitted to the Anugarh Narayan Magadh Medical College, Deputy Superintendent of Police Rakesh Dubey said.
SSP Gaya, Vinay Kumar, said police raided a godown in Bindi Yadav market belonging to Mantu Yadav, the brother of RJD MLA from Belaganj Surendra Yadav, and seized a large quantity of hooch in pouches.