10 floors in 48 hours: Mohali skyscraper starts taking shape
- Arvind Kejriwal to launch AAP's Lok Sabha poll campaign from Haryana today
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
In a remarkable feat being attempted for the first time in the country, the construction of a sample of a factory-made skyscraper began here on Thursday.
Inaugurated by Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, the project is pioneered by Synergy Thrislington, a Mohali-based infrastructure company.
The process to construct the 10-floor "Instacon" skyscraper in 48 hours started immediately after Sukhbir drilled in the first set of nut and bolts in the steel structure. As many as three cranes and more than 200 technicians and workers will work round the clock to assemble the structure. A slew of video cameras from all corners will be recording the entire construction process.
"This is an amazing believe-it-or-not project, and I am proud that it is Punjab's privilege to host such a revolutionary technology. Such rapid construction concept will definitely help in the progress of the state and the country," said Sukhbir. "Our team from the housing department will be studying the construction model. If it is cost-effective, maybe it can be used for the construction of over two lakh EWS houses in the state. These can be readied in a short period of time."
He said the new policy of housing sector was aimed at making the process hassle-free for the investor, ensuring time-bound clearances besides offering incentives in floor area ratio. Punjab would like to encourage high-rise buildings besides ensuring convenience of the user. With limited availability of land, the only answer was going vertical, he added.
CMD of Synergy Thrislington Harpal Singh, the brain behind the project, said the construction technology, first-of- its-kind in India, was unique in many ways. All the components of the building were manufactured in the factory, pre-fitted with floors, water supply, wiring, sanitation, air conditioning ducts and everything else. These were then shifted in the state-of-the-art transporting vehicles to the actual site for installation.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Government blames BJP for delay in passage of Telangana bill in Rajya Sabha, may extend Parliament session
- Dhoni, do you believe you can win abroad? | The Indian Express
- ‘Troop movement should’ve been avoided if they knew (V K Singh’s) court date’