10 held for attack on journalist
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
The police on Tuesday arrested 10 people from Jalandhar's Sodhal area for allegedly attacking a correspondent with a national television channel with kirpans when he attempted to shield a girl, who was reportedly being molested by suspected SAD activists in the busy Bhagat Singh Market.
While the accused were sent to judicial custody, the police will move an application in the court on Wednesday demanding police remand of the accused.
The incident occurred around 6 pm on Monday, when the girl — an employee at the MBD Market — was returning home on foot after office hours. She was allegedly caught by three 'drunk' youth, who allegedly began molesting her. NDTV correspondent, Ashwini Malhotra, who was passing through the market, managed to save her but suffered injuries.
Meanwhile, Jalandhar Police Commissioner Gaurav Yadav has asked ADCP Navjot Singh Mahal to probe the case and also look into allegations that the police were initially reluctant to register a case.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress