10 injured in communal clash in UP
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
At least ten people belonging to a community were today injured when members of another community attacked them in Pailani area of the district.
The attack took place this afternoon when some unidentified people came armed with rods and sharp-edged weapons in Sabara village and attacked the people, police said.
The injured were rushed to a hospital and police personnel have been deployed to prevent any backlash, they said.
Tension had erupted last month in the village following a dispute over immersion of goddess Durga's idol.
More than 60 people were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that had broken out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September this year.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore