10 things that can make job interviews successful
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Your referral - If you were referred to the position, be sure to remind the interviewer. This connection may put some legitimacy behind your candidacy, as well as spark a positive conversation between you and the interviewer.
Thought-out questions - Always make sure you have questions at the end of the interview. From queries about the interviewer's role to thoughts on the history of the position, questions show your desire for the job. They can also give you more insight into the role, which may not have been addressed during the more formal portion of the interview.
Next steps - Understanding the next steps in the interview process is essential. Always ensure you're aware of what these are. It may be a second interview. It may be giving the company a list of references. It may mean you won't know the outcome for a few weeks. By asking about these next steps, you'll know what to expect and gain some peace of mind. You'll also show your enthusiasm for this position.