10 things that can make job interviews successful
- Dawood's hanging would have satisfied us more: Family of 93 blasts victim
- Terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur came from Pakistan: Rajnath Singh
- Nation bids tearful adieu to former president APJ Abdul Kalam
- Why this unseemly hurry in Yakub execution: Prashant Bhushan
- Taliban confirms leader Mullah Omar's death, new successor already in place
Your referral - If you were referred to the position, be sure to remind the interviewer. This connection may put some legitimacy behind your candidacy, as well as spark a positive conversation between you and the interviewer.
Thought-out questions - Always make sure you have questions at the end of the interview. From queries about the interviewer's role to thoughts on the history of the position, questions show your desire for the job. They can also give you more insight into the role, which may not have been addressed during the more formal portion of the interview.
Next steps - Understanding the next steps in the interview process is essential. Always ensure you're aware of what these are. It may be a second interview. It may be giving the company a list of references. It may mean you won't know the outcome for a few weeks. By asking about these next steps, you'll know what to expect and gain some peace of mind. You'll also show your enthusiasm for this position.