1,000 IEDSS teachers have not got salary for over a year
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
More than 1,000 teachers in the state, many in Pune, working under the Central scheme of Inclusive Education for Disabled at Secondary Stage (IEDSS) have not received their salaries for over a year. Non-release of funds by the Centre over serious doubts about the credentials of some of the IEDSS units in the state is said to be the reason.
These teachers have been mandated to enable all students with disabilities, after completing eight years of schooling, to pursue four years of secondary schooling .
"It is outrageous and equally disturbing that teachers like us who take care of disadvantaged children have not got their salaries for the past 14 months," Swati Tadphale, a teacher from Bhor taluka in Pune said. State Director of Education (primary) Mahaveer Mane said inspection of all IEDSS units was carried. "We are in process of compiling inspection data. I am planning to visit Delhi shortly to clear doubts and ensure release of funds," he said.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi