108 ambulance workers’ strike today
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
A few employees working with 108 ambulance service have decided to go on strike from Friday, alleging that the private company, Ziqitza Health Care (ZHL), is not complying with the Minimum Wages Act in Punjab.
However, Sandeep Garg, project head of ZHL in Punjab, asserted that they were complying with the Act. The total of basic wages and other allowances being paid by ZHL and/or its contractors to its ambulance crew in Punjab was either equal to or more than the total of the revised basic wages and special allowance as notified by the government of Punjab, effective from September 1, 2012. The company was regularly paying PF and ESI dues to eligible staff.