10-goal Cyril stars in CISF victory
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
An astonishing ten goals from Cyril guided Central Industrial Security Force to an easy 18-11 win over PSPCL in a match of the 10th Olympian Dharam Singh Memorial Hockey Tournament being played at Shivalik Public School, Mohali on Monday.
In a match dominated by forwards, Cyril sounded the board on ten occasions for CISF while Harish hammered four goals. Major Singh, Naved and Compal scored a goal each for the team.
In another match of the day, Indian Air Force registered a narrow 16-14 win over Rock Rovers Academy. For the winning team, Sanwar scored seven goals while Topno hit a hat-trick. Jaspreet Singh and Alam scored a brace each to set up the win. For the losing team, Gurjant Singh scored seven goals while Gagandeep Singh pumped in five goals.
In the last match of the day, Namdhari XI registered a comfortable 13-9 win over Rock Rovers Academy. Gurpreet Singh scored six goals while Sher Singh hammered four goals. Manpreet Singh scored a hat-trick. For the losing side, Gagandeep Singh and Dipanshu sounded the board thrice each.