10-goal Cyril stars in CISF victory
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
An astonishing ten goals from Cyril guided Central Industrial Security Force to an easy 18-11 win over PSPCL in a match of the 10th Olympian Dharam Singh Memorial Hockey Tournament being played at Shivalik Public School, Mohali on Monday.
In a match dominated by forwards, Cyril sounded the board on ten occasions for CISF while Harish hammered four goals. Major Singh, Naved and Compal scored a goal each for the team.
In another match of the day, Indian Air Force registered a narrow 16-14 win over Rock Rovers Academy. For the winning team, Sanwar scored seven goals while Topno hit a hat-trick. Jaspreet Singh and Alam scored a brace each to set up the win. For the losing team, Gurjant Singh scored seven goals while Gagandeep Singh pumped in five goals.
In the last match of the day, Namdhari XI registered a comfortable 13-9 win over Rock Rovers Academy. Gurpreet Singh scored six goals while Sher Singh hammered four goals. Manpreet Singh scored a hat-trick. For the losing side, Gagandeep Singh and Dipanshu sounded the board thrice each.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties