10-goal Cyril stars in CISF victory
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
An astonishing ten goals from Cyril guided Central Industrial Security Force to an easy 18-11 win over PSPCL in a match of the 10th Olympian Dharam Singh Memorial Hockey Tournament being played at Shivalik Public School, Mohali on Monday.
In a match dominated by forwards, Cyril sounded the board on ten occasions for CISF while Harish hammered four goals. Major Singh, Naved and Compal scored a goal each for the team.
In another match of the day, Indian Air Force registered a narrow 16-14 win over Rock Rovers Academy. For the winning team, Sanwar scored seven goals while Topno hit a hat-trick. Jaspreet Singh and Alam scored a brace each to set up the win. For the losing team, Gurjant Singh scored seven goals while Gagandeep Singh pumped in five goals.
In the last match of the day, Namdhari XI registered a comfortable 13-9 win over Rock Rovers Academy. Gurpreet Singh scored six goals while Sher Singh hammered four goals. Manpreet Singh scored a hat-trick. For the losing side, Gagandeep Singh and Dipanshu sounded the board thrice each.