10-year-old girl raped in bus near Delhi's Sultanpuri area
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
In a case reminiscent of the horror 2012 Delhi gangrape of a physiotherapy student, a minor girl was sexually assaulted allegedly by a 47-year-old driver in a bus here, police said today.
The victim was playing outside her home in Sultanpuri area when her neighbour Rakesh Kaushal allegedly lured her into the bus and allegedly sexually assaulted her.
Police said the incident came to light today after the victim narrated the incident to her parents.
The parents then approached the police who took her to a hospital where a medical examination confirmed sexual assault. A case was registered and Kasuhal arrested.