10-year-old girl raped in bus near Delhi's Sultanpuri area
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
In a case reminiscent of the horror 2012 Delhi gangrape of a physiotherapy student, a minor girl was sexually assaulted allegedly by a 47-year-old driver in a bus here, police said today.
The victim was playing outside her home in Sultanpuri area when her neighbour Rakesh Kaushal allegedly lured her into the bus and allegedly sexually assaulted her.
Police said the incident came to light today after the victim narrated the incident to her parents.
The parents then approached the police who took her to a hospital where a medical examination confirmed sexual assault. A case was registered and Kasuhal arrested.