10-year-old girl raped in bus near Delhi's Sultanpuri area
- Election LIVE: Pawan Bansal, Raj Babbar among 71 candidates in Cong's second list
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- US investigators suspect missing Malaysia jetliner flew for hours after losing contact
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
In a case reminiscent of the horror 2012 Delhi gangrape of a physiotherapy student, a minor girl was sexually assaulted allegedly by a 47-year-old driver in a bus here, police said today.
The victim was playing outside her home in Sultanpuri area when her neighbour Rakesh Kaushal allegedly lured her into the bus and allegedly sexually assaulted her.
Police said the incident came to light today after the victim narrated the incident to her parents.
The parents then approached the police who took her to a hospital where a medical examination confirmed sexual assault. A case was registered and Kasuhal arrested.