10-year-old’s murder: Rape, POCSO sections to be added
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Eleven days after the body of a 10-year-old girl was found in Sector 52, Chandigarh police will be adding charges of rape under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Section 6 (aggravated penetrative sexual assault) under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO)Act. This came in the wake of the reply of queries received by the Chandigarh Police from doctors who conducted post-mortem on the girl.
The reply from the doctors confirmed that the girl was sexually assaulted. However, whether semen was found on the body will be confirmed after the Chandigarh Police receives the Central Forensic Science Laboratory report. The reply also stated that the girl was murdered around two-three days before the body was recovered.
A case of murder, kidnapping and of removing evidence was earlier registered.
Police, however, has failed to find leads in the case. Accepting the ongoing failure of the department, IGP RP Upadhyaya said, "No clue has been found in the case yet. However, efforts are on." When asked about the status of investigation, he said, "About 80 per cent of the questioning exercise has been completed. No substantial clue was found from that. Now, we will focus on analysing the dump data."
New SSP, Sukhchain Singh Gill, said, "I will give special attention to this case and will discuss the findings with investigating officers."
Police, on December 3, had sent the doctors a set of questions related to the findings of the post-mortem. The queries included the time between the death of the girl and the body being recovered, the nature of injuries.
The post-mortem report of the girl suggested that she was sexually assaulted before she was murdered. According to police sources, six injuries were found on her body including vaginal and neck injuries.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express