11 acquitted in Marne murder case
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
In a major setback for the Pune (rural) police, 11 arrested in connection with the sensational Sanjay alias Pintya Marne murder case of August 2010 were on Friday acquitted by the court. District and Sessions Judge V K Shewale while passing the order, slammed the doctors who failed to follow proper procedures while giving medical certificates to the injured persons in such cases, which is believed to have led to the acquittal of suspects.
It may be recalled that assailants had attacked Pintya Marne with sharp weapons repeatedly and then shot at him at Ghotawade Phata in Paud in August 2010. The injured Marne was admitted to Sahyadri Hospital for treatment. He succumbed to injuries at the hospital, following which a murder offence was registered at Paud police station. The police arrested 11 persons in the case.
The judge mentioned lapses in the medical report given by doctors in the case. The doctors failed to mention the nature of wounds, details of old injuries and other important details, which went in favour of the suspects.
Meanwhile, four witnesses in this case also turned hostile. Advocates Sureshchandra Bhosale, Sudhir Shah and Sagar Bhosale argued for the suspects.