11 cops die as van falls in well
- Media running 'false' news to tarnish Vasundhara Raje's image: CM office
- NIA says no 'issuance of inappropriate briefing by any officer'
- ‘Emergency one of India’s darkest periods,’ says PM Modi
- Lakhvi release: Pak says India politicising UNSC sanctions committee
- AAP unveils Rs.41,129 crore Delhi's 'Swaraj' budget
Eleven police personnel, including six women, were killed after their van fell into a well near Sapoi village in Jhalod taluka of Dahod on Friday.
"Six of the 11 Gujarat Police personnel who died in the accident were women. Five police personnel including a woman have been rescued," said Jhalod police inspector A B Nagori.
"The driver of the van suffered a heart attack, lost control of the steering and the vehicle slipped into a well when they were returning from Jhalod to the district police headquarters in Dahod after bandobast at Chief Minister Narendra Modi's public rally," Nagori added.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi expressed grief over the loss of life of police personnel in the accident. The state government has announced Rs 10 lakh compensation to the family of each deceased, a press release said.