11 cops die as van falls in well
- Bihar records highest ever turnout, exit poll says wait for Sunday
- Maharashtra hands over cases against underworld don Chhota Rajan to CBI
- Protesting against FTII crisis, 24 artists return their national awards
- Ahead of Diwali, PM Narendra Modi launches three gold schemes
- Spot the difference between Delhi and Bihar elections
Eleven police personnel, including six women, were killed after their van fell into a well near Sapoi village in Jhalod taluka of Dahod on Friday.
"Six of the 11 Gujarat Police personnel who died in the accident were women. Five police personnel including a woman have been rescued," said Jhalod police inspector A B Nagori.
"The driver of the van suffered a heart attack, lost control of the steering and the vehicle slipped into a well when they were returning from Jhalod to the district police headquarters in Dahod after bandobast at Chief Minister Narendra Modi's public rally," Nagori added.
- Congress is as afraid of coming clean as BJP is quick to exploit ambiguities on the issue
- Shah Rukh Khan’s voice can carry and gain traction — if we let it
- Please spare me the old Congress-vs-BJP debate. It’s gone way beyond all that
- No Proof Required: Spot the difference between Delhi and Bihar elections
- Why the attack on the university will only strengthen its resolve to stand for the marginalised
- With 20 per cent web penetration, concerns over net neutrality seem elitist in India