11 cops die as van falls in well
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
Eleven police personnel, including six women, were killed after their van fell into a well near Sapoi village in Jhalod taluka of Dahod on Friday.
"Six of the 11 Gujarat Police personnel who died in the accident were women. Five police personnel including a woman have been rescued," said Jhalod police inspector A B Nagori.
"The driver of the van suffered a heart attack, lost control of the steering and the vehicle slipped into a well when they were returning from Jhalod to the district police headquarters in Dahod after bandobast at Chief Minister Narendra Modi's public rally," Nagori added.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in US demand a more strategic view of their changing politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms