11 Saibaba devotees hurt as car knocks them down
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Eleven devotees were injured when they were knocked down by a vehicle on the Mumbai-Shirdi road, police said today.
While a group of devotees from Mumbai was walking towards Shirdi to visit the Saibaba temple yesterday, a four-wheeler hit them following which 11 of them sustained injuries, police said.
Later, the other group members chased the vehicle and nabbed the driver and handed him to Kopargaon police.
The injured were admitted to Sri Saibaba superspeciality hospital, police said adding that some of them suffered fractures. Social worker Sanjay Kale demanded that a special route should be there for devotees, who come walking on roads in large numbers carrying their religious palanquins to Shirdi.