11 Saibaba devotees hurt as car knocks them down
- Home Ministry calls for high-level meet to discuss threat posed by ISIS
- VIDEO: 20 killed in Manipur landslide after heavy rain, several families homeless in Mizoram
- Indian Army, Chinese PLA hold maiden meet at DBO in Ladakh
- SP leader Farooq Ghosi, who demanded RS seat for Yakub Memon's widow, suspended from party
- Navy choppers gave air cover during Kalam's funeral: Defence
Eleven devotees were injured when they were knocked down by a vehicle on the Mumbai-Shirdi road, police said today.
While a group of devotees from Mumbai was walking towards Shirdi to visit the Saibaba temple yesterday, a four-wheeler hit them following which 11 of them sustained injuries, police said.
Later, the other group members chased the vehicle and nabbed the driver and handed him to Kopargaon police.
The injured were admitted to Sri Saibaba superspeciality hospital, police said adding that some of them suffered fractures. Social worker Sanjay Kale demanded that a special route should be there for devotees, who come walking on roads in large numbers carrying their religious palanquins to Shirdi.