12 injured as two buses collide
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark, says it is a sign of 'weakness'
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Two buses collided at Partap Chowk flyover on Thursday injuring 12 passengers who were rushed to various city hospitals.
The accident took place when a Kartar Bus Service vehicle, heading towards Samrala collided with a Punjab Roadways bus going towards Patti in Amritsar.
The private bus driver was turning towards a slope near Partap Chowk when the over speeding roadways bus hit the private bus from the back.
The injured were rush to Civil Hospital while others with minor injuries were discharged after first-aid.
ACP Traffic Deepak Hilori recorded the statement of Harjit Singh, the private bus driver and Davinder Singh, roadways bus driver.
However, no case was registered till filing of the report.